Sunday, June 21, 2009

I Was Out of Your League...


Mikhaela Yvonne Maricich, AKA The Blow, is a singer/songwriter from (my favorite) Portland, Oregon. Formerly a member of The Microphones, Mikhaela branched off on her own as The Blow, a lo-fi combination of lilting vocals a la Regina Spektor, and sparse electronic beats. "Parentheses," a track The Blow released in 2006, was critically acclaimed, and climbed as high as #66 on Pitchfork's "Best Tracks of the Year." Here it is, along with my current favorite, "True Affection."


"
If something in the deli aisle makes you cry, you know I’ll put my arm around you"



"I was out of your league, and you were 20,000 leagues under the sea"

2 comments:

  1. the live video performance of this song is wild. shes so into her music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you aren't kidding. she's on another planet.
    thank you, rebecca,for sending The Blow my way!

    readers, go check out rebecca's blog, "Little List of Lovelies," immediately! you won't regret it.
    http://littlelistoflovelies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete